Data Protection has never been so topical, with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) having increased powers to visit organisations, name and shame, prosecute and fine. Recent fines for breaches have been well in excess of £100,000 and are set to increase significantly in the near future.
This interactive e-learning course is designed to teach the basics of the Act including defining key terms and outlining key responsibilities, as well as covering enforcement and penalties. The programme is ideal for new employees, as well as existing employees who require a basic knowledge of Data Protection.
- An introduction to the Data Protection Act
- The importance of The Act to you
- The 8 principles of The Act
- Your obligations under The Act
- Collecting and working with personal data
- Secure handling of personal data
- Respecting the rights of the individual
- Where you can get further advice
- What to do following a breach
Price: £35 (+ VAT) per delegate
For discounted group bookings of more than 10 delegates, please call and ask for our training department on: 08456 804047